- Increase knowledge and awareness. Our bi-annual newsletters highlight a wide range of topics and provides links to our partners.
- Learn how to protect and maintain the lakes and surrounding environment.
- Connect with people who share common interests and appreciation of the area. CALA facilitates two meetings per year in the Chaffey’s Lock Community Hall, participates in Canada Day events and highlights meetings and events held by our partner organizations.
- Receive a copy of the new Lake Protection Workbook (A Self-Assessment Tool for Shoreline Property Owners). This booklet co-developed by a number of organizations including Watersheds Canada, Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority, and Ministry of Natural Resources, provides waterfront owners with practical information how to care for their property/waterfront and to self-assess their own property.
5. Take advantage of the many discounts offered through the Federation of Lakes Association (FOCA) e.g.
CottageFirst: the first group program dedicated to cottagers, exclusively available to FOCA members. Get great coverage on your cottage, home, car & more.
Dockinabox: discount of 10% on either a dock frame system or a boat lift. See terms and conditions on the offer webpage
Cottage Life Magazine: special discount on new subscriptions OR renewals! Pay only $24.95 for 1 year + 1 free issue.
National Observer: FOCA members get 50% off digital subscriptions – choose a monthly or annual plan.
Action First Aid offer for Automated External Defibrilators (AEDs) – Action First Aid offers the Philips Home Defibrillator for $1365 (+ tax)
Road or Directors’ Liability Insurance: FOCA’s liability insurance program, delivered by Cade Associates Insurance Brokers Ltd.,
See Benefits for full details and links